We help New Zealanders to be safe, strong and independent. We do this through providing:
- Employment services
– We help jobseekers find employment and;
– We help employers hire people through our recruitment service: https://www.workandincome.govt.nz/employers/
- Income support
– Through Work and Income, we support people who may need financial assistance.
– Support can be accessed through a range of channels such as on-line, contact centre services and in-site by appointment.
– Anyone wishing to check out what they might get can go to: https://check.msd.govt.nz/
– Clients can register for MyMSD and manage their own appointments and much more. Find more at: https://www.workandincome.govt.nz/online-services/mymsd/index.html
- Superannuation services – helping support older folk in retirement.
- Funding to community service providers: we partner with community organisations on projects that benefit the community and the environment; also helping job seekers get the skills needed by local employers. More at: https://www.msd.govt.nz/what-we-can-do/community/index.html
- Policy and advice to government.
- Student allowances and loans.
- Public housing assessments and assistance.
Our client commitment:
We will get to know you, your situation and needs.
We will let you know everything you may be eligible for.
We will respect you and what is important.
Check out full details of our client commitment at: https://www.workandincome.govt.nz/about-work-and-income/our-services/our-commitment.html